|samhughes90||Date: Tuesday, 2012-01-10, 12:52 PM | Message # 1|
|Hi, in this thread I will be showing you how to create custom firmware with redsn0w 0.9.10.X that will have your SHSH Blob in it so you can easily restore back to older firmware once apple has stopped signing the one you want. This is really only essential if you are someone who relies on jailbreaks. If you are not one of these people then I would advise you to just upgrade when there is a new firmware version available. |
Steps for creation:
1. get the latest version of redsn0w from the site: http://blog.iphone-dev.org
2. Run it and select "Extras"
3. Then select "SHSH Blobs" then "Stitch"
4. Then it would want you to browse for both the firmware IPSW file you want to make custom and the shsh blob on your computer.
5. Once you give it both of those hit "Next"
6. Then you will have your custom Stitched IPSW file that is ready to restore your device at anytime.
Note: You must be in DFU Pwned Mode to do this. Redsn0w offers that option in the extra's section as well. For more help visit the site below for a picture-based tutorial.
Step by Step Tutorial: