Ok guys, here is a simple step by step process of how to use tiny umbrella for your iDevices. This tool is mostly used for jailbroken devices so if you are not jailbroken you really have no need for this tool.
HOW TO SAVE SHSH BLOBS:
1. Download tiny umbrella from the file catalog.
2. Download the desired firmware you want to use. Ex. 4.2.1 or 4.3.1.
3. Run Tiny Umbrella
4. Connect device if not already done so
5. Hit the "Save SHSH" button and wait for the progress bar to complete. It will then display what versions you saved.
Video Example on how it works:
HOW TO RESTORE CUSTOM FIRMWARE OR DOWNGRADE/KEEP CURRENT VERSION:
1. Open Tiny Umbrella
2. Hit "Run TSS Server"
3. Download the desired firmware you want to use(4.2.1 and 4.3.1 can be found in the Forum section "Apple Firmware)
4. Open itunes
5. On the device tab hold SHIFT and click RESTORE(Windows) or hold ALT and click RESTORE(Mac-OSX)
6. Point to the firmware that you want to use in the browse window.
7. The rest is automatic from here.
Video Example 1:
Video Example 2(Sorry old version of tinyumbrella):
NOTES: In order to downgrade or keep your current version once Apple releases an update you must have your SHSH Blobs saved for the version you want. THERE IS NO EXCEPTIONS.
Side Note: Also make sure you run the TSS Server in Tiny Umbrella or this will not work. It works by linking traffic from itunes to Cydia where the SHSH Blobs are saved. Normally itunes links to apple but this method fools itunes into thinking it talks to Apple.